Factors Affecting Water Damage Drying for Naples Properties
SERVPRO Technicians are Trained to Establish Accurate Water Damage Drying Goals
Home water cleanup can seem like an easy enough task for most Naples homeowners to tackle. However, soaking up excess water permeating area rugs or drywall can lead to potential mold growth or subflooring water damage. Certified professionals can save home occupants time and money with their knowledge of moisture mitigation strategies and drying equipment.
Naples water damage restoration technicians at SERVPRO are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to render home water damage cleanup and drying services. The drying process covers structural materials like wood and drywall and residential contents like upholstery, shelving, cabinetry, keepsakes, and documents.
Conditions That Affect Residential Water Damage Removal and Drying
While DIY solutions may seem viable for home water mitigation, Naples area homeowners may want to reconsider. Various factors impact the success of full cleanup and restoration, including:
- Volume of water from a leak or flood
- Time water stagnated on surfaces
- Type of material affected by the pooling water
- Access for water extraction
- Need for possible controlled demolition
- Weather conditions regarding heating and ventilation of affected areas
Rarely do homeowners possess the necessary equipment for drying water damaged contents and structures. Often many centrifugal air movers, axial fans, LGR-dehumidifiers, desiccant dehumidifiers, containment barriers erection, and ancillary devices must mitigate the damage.
SERVPRO Establishes Effective Water Damage Drying Goals
SERVPRO water removal technicians scrutinize moisture-affected surfaces with calibrated moisture measurement tools. These include penetrating units for porous items, non-penetrating sensors for surface-level readings of sensitive and non-porous contents, and thermal imaging cameras to detect changes in temperature that can indicate the presence of water damage behind surfaces. This process allows the crew to establish and implement a drying plan to return contents to suitable pre-disaster moisture levels.
After inspecting the damage, technicians focus on the following to establish drying goals:
- Evaluating and measuring contents unaffected by water to determine the dry standard for the home. This standard creates a frame of reference for successful structural drying.
- Measuring relative RH and specific SH humidity levels before, after, and during drying to ensure that the dry standard for the home is met in a timely, efficient fashion. Relative humidity in each space needs to be below 50% for structural drying with air movement and dehumidification equipment to be as effective as possible.
- Documentation throughout the drying process is crucial for adhering to the dry standard and adjusting drying strategies as needed to prevent structures and contents from becoming too dry or being left too humid.
Our office staff and technicians can assist home and business property owners with the execution of a plan developed by the insurance carrier. We can submit realistic costs on a line-by-line basis that insurance companies can accept. In a significant water damaging event, time is of the essence. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO of Naples / Marco Island provides water cleanup when homeowners call (239) 302-5700, making homes feel “Like it never even happened.”