Why Naples Homeowners Should Use Professional Mold Damage Remediation
SERVPRO Mold Cleanup Technologies Can Save on Repair and Replacement Costs
When Naples property owners discover mold in their residence, it can be tempting to remediate it with "do-it-yourself" solutions. While all buildings contain some microbes, total mold removal is not possible regardless of whether homeowners or professionals do the remediating. However, professionals can ensure that spore populations are reduced to safe, pre-disaster levels.
SERVPRO renders 24/7 mold damage remediation for Naples homes. Restoration technicians are trained to do more than just clean: mold mitigation training includes decontamination and containment procedures that prevent microbes from spreading outside the impacted area.
How Mold Damage Impacts Residential Structures and Why Fast Remediation is Crucial
Spores tend to settle on building materials in areas with minimal air circulation, elevated humidity, and suitably warm temperatures. Whether the conditions that allow these microbes to proliferate come from construction, stormy weather, or a pipe leak, homeowners should keep an eye out for contaminants on the following materials:
- Anything paper or cardboard-based, including drywall, consists of a layer of gypsum sandwiched between paperboard sheets. This construction makes it porous and amenable to mold growth under the right conditions.
- Check behind fixtures like glue-up shower enclosures for signs of mold growth. Dark growth along cracks in sealant and a distinct musty odor are among the first easily detectable signs.
- Microbes can also grow on wood and concrete, including home foundations, which can eventually decay essential structures.
SERVPRO Mold Damage Mitigation with Cutting-Edge Restoration Technologies
SERVPRO's diverse mold remediation tools are designed to maximize effectiveness and flexibility during restoration. Technicians must undergo education on mold damage mitigation per Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) protocols.
Technicians utilize such equipment as:
- EPA-registered biocide solutions can be sprayed, fogged, or applied manually with mops, cloths, syringes, brushes, and other applicators.
- Commercial-grade personal protective equipment (PPE) minimizes the risk of secondary mold damages when paired with SERVPRO's adherence to microbial containment and equipment decontamination protocols.
- Moisture extraction with rovers, carpet wands, and truck-mounted units for large-scale moisture exposure are essential for minimizing mold odors and making a Naples home inhospitable for microbes.
- Structural drying equipment includes axial or centrifugal air movers and dehumidification units. The primary mechanisms used in SERVPRO dehumidifiers include low-grain refrigerant coils and silica gel desiccants.
- A suite of odor control options, including water- and solvent-based sprays and fogging solutions, time-release gel capsules, and scented granules.
After mold cleanup, technicians can reinstall drywall and make necessary repairs to structures impacted by microbes. SERVPRO also cleans and restores contents affected by mold damage with such tools as OSHA-approved immersion cleaning solutions, HEPA filter vacuums, and ozone generators, which can denature mold to prevent inert spores from impacting a home any further.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster and can render mold inspection and remediation assistance at any time of the day or night. SERVPRO of Naples / Marco Island is a phone call away from beginning the mitigation process at (239) 302-5700.